kegn

Monday, March 16, 2009

The King of Wawa

These past few months I have a routine before my work schedule starts. The first thing I do is drop by my local Wawa and get a coffee and a granola bar. The second part of my routine will be another post...

At 3:30 a.m. there's hardly anyone at the Wawa except for two unfortunate people who work that shift and the occasional delivery guy dropping off his goods. I usually don't have a problem with anyone. Most of the staff is nice, except for this one guy who I now called the King of Wawa.

He’s around my age, could be older. Out of shape. Pasty looking, and has a pathetic goatee that’s just not helping.

It all started when I was given a Wawa gift card that had a $5 value and used it for the first time. When I went to pay, I swiped my card and didn’t see any result on my screen. So I swiped again.Wrong. Because the next thing I hear is:
“Stop. STOP.”

Obviously the purchase went through the first time.
But now I’m watching the King of Wawa’s reaction. He’s silently cursing at me while correcting his register. Mouthing something very distasteful. I can’t hear it but I can definitely see it.

So I just stared at him with a “are you for real?” expression, wondering how an error of $2.25 totally f##ks up his day. And it’s not like I’m holding up a line, because there’s no one behind me at 3:30 IN THE FREAKIN’MORNING.

His postal reaction was a bit disturbing to me and I thought it wise to peacefully exit the store in case I have to deal with him the next day. So I headed back to my car thinking he was a complete douche and by the time I pulled out of Wawa I figured there’s a reason why he’s at the night owl/early bird shift because he can’t handle more than one person in that place.

3 Comments:

  • By your description he sounds like that guy in 'Clerks.' What's his name? Dante?

    Should be 'Douche.'

    Ya know how you really eff him up the next time? Pay with two Susan B's and a friggin' quarter. He'll probably think you gave him 75 cents.

    By Blogger TheOneTrueGuy, at 3:39 AM  

  • By your description he sounds like that guy in 'Clerks.' What's his name? Dante?

    Should be 'Douche.'

    Ya know how you really eff him up the next time? Pay with two Susan B's and a friggin' quarter. He'll probably think you gave him 75 cents.

    By Blogger TheOneTrueGuy, at 3:39 AM  

  • Oops! Double post!

    Guess who's the 'douche?'

    Like Wawa's card reader my frikkin' computer just stared at me like a dumb shit so I hit the publish button again and now guess what? I'm my own damned douche wrapped up in a greasy brown paper bag that smells like... o hell, I'm goin' to bed.

    By Blogger TheOneTrueGuy, at 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home