kegn

Saturday, December 27, 2008

review




I hardly watch movies these days.The only reason I watched this movie was because it was under the Christmas tree and the kids wanted to watch it. This was disappointing but not surprising. The blame goes to the script because I thought everyone in this movie was really into it but the jokes were forced and flat sometimes. It's a shame. I thought Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway were cute together, and Carrell just nails deadpan delivery but I wish the script matched the actors' chemistry. The same goes for the supporting players like The Rock and Alan Arkin, who had the best line in the movie. For some reason they had to insert a comedic subplot about some nerd agents feuding with the jock agents at the Control center. I don't know, it didn't work for me. I wanted to see more Carrell, more scenes with him and The Rock [who is darn good in this], or flashbacks of the obese Maxwell Smart and how he got to where he was at Control. Oh, and Terence Stamp! Not enough General Zod interaction. He was underused.

2 Comments:

  • You're not wrong, Keegs but I liked it a lot.

    Don't get me wrong, it's no screen classic (big or little, unlike the original) but I guess I just expected so little that I wound up liking it.

    Definitely not enough Zod though!

    By Blogger TheOneTrueGuy, at 1:23 AM  

  • Ah, see some of the family folks who saw it and loved it were sitting with me and telling me "Oh this part is funny. Watch!" and so it backfired because I hardly chuckled.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home